So much has changed since my last post. As of a month ago, I was taking leave from work and heading off to Namibia to go visit my good friend Jaco, and have some time out from the madness of Cape Town, and planning my trip to India in December. While in Namibia, I made a huge life changing decision, one that has been playing on my mind for awhile now.
As soon as I got home to Cape Town, I quit my job, and decided to sell up all my stuff, cancel my India trip, and go on a wild adventure through South America with my friend Sam…I’m just going to South America indefinitely.
I’ve always read of people doing crazy things like this, and now I’M DOING IT!! My family and friends have been very supportive of my choice even though I have no actual plans set at all from the moment I touch down in Buenos Aires. But that’s all part of the journey.
The intention is to go work on organic farms, help build and learn more about sustainable houses, learn about permaculture, work in hostels, couch surf between towns, learn Spanish, learn to surf (finally!!), and just stop conforming to this 8-5 lifestyle which drains my soul. The incredibly vague idea is that we will be exploring Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Peru, maybe Ecuador, and wherever else the wind takes us. Nothing is set in stone. This is a journey like no other.
So, 2 weeks to go before we leave. Any advice? Any ideas of how to actually make money (not just save money) as we travel? Any good places to go? Anyone we can come stay at? I AM SO EXCITED!! I think I should probably organise a little fairwell party for myself…
- 5 Must See Wonders of South America (epicatravel.com)
- Where to start in South America? (tailormadetravelsouthamerica.wordpress.com)
- Map of South America (By: Chong Hui Jane) (omega7geo.wordpress.com)
- Another dream coming true; Peru surftrip (larszeekaf.com)
- Catching up : Mancora, Peru (kimlegeyt.wordpress.com)
- The real South America on a Shoestring (1man1world1life.wordpress.com)
- Bums in Bolivia (aonewayflight.com)
- Salar de Uyuni (latinchattin.com)
- …Chile and back again (stellartreasurehunter.wordpress.com)
- Surfing the couch in Baja California Sur (mandyandtheworld.wordpress.com)