We’re busy throwing around ideas related to our trip to India. We’ll be there for about 5 weeks in Dec 2013/Jan 2014. So far there are three girls doing the trip, but with some other friends potentially coming with us too.
The idea is to fly from Johannesburg to Mumbai, and then hop straight onto another flight down to the South of India. Suggestions of epic places to go in the south, from people that have been? Please! There is also the option to potentially spend one week in Sri Lanka if finances allow for it.
We then want to slowly work our way up the West coast, exploring as we go, and ending up in Goa for two weeks of mind exploding happiness (with the intention to be there for New Years Eve too). I’ve got my eye on Goa Base!!
After that, we want to get to Delhi (flying or bus or train?? – I heard that this bus route is VERY daunting as the roads are so dangerous). Go to Agra, see the Taj Mahal, and then fly back home to South Africa from Delhi.
Thats the rough idea, but any input would be fantastic. Obviously nothing is set in stone and as we go our plans will change, but we’d like to have a guideline of where we want to go and how to get the most out of our 5 weeks. Please fellow travellers, advise me? 🙂
Have an epic day wherever you are. And remember…
- The Distance between Delhi and Agra: Exotic and Splashing Agra tour (besttimetovisitagra.wordpress.com)
- The Taj Mahal!!! (kimberlyhall89.wordpress.com)
- Record 2.7 million tourists in Goa in 2012 (mygoatripblog.wordpress.com)
- Goa Carnival India, Goa Carnival 2013, Carnival in Goa (concepttravel.wordpress.com)
- A short stay in Mumbai (monkeysgonebanana.wordpress.com)